Customers using the Canvas learning management system can embed content from Ferguson's Career Guidance Center directly in their courses. For installation instructions, please refer to the Ferguson's Career Guidance Center Canvas External App Installation article.
The LTI app provides a rich integration between Ferguson's Career Guidance Center and your Canvas courses. Users of Canvas can embed Ferguson's Career Guidance Center resources directly inside their courses, without having to leave the LMS. This plugin is LTI based and integrates directly into the standard Canvas HTML editor.
- LTI based application that does not require any user account maintenance within Ferguson's Career Guidance Center.
- Quick and easy setup and installation.
- Seamless user experience that allows users to embed Ferguson's Career Guidance Center records directly into Canvas courses, without leaving Canvas.
Using the Ferguson's Career Guidance Center Canvas Plugin
Once the app is installed, Ferguson's Career Guidance Center resources may be embedded using the Ferguson's Career Guidance Center button found inside Canvas. Any content block that loads the HTML editor will have this icon.
- Click on the Ferguson's Career Guidance Center icon button in the editor menu to launch the Ferguson's Career Guidance Center application.
- After you click on this button, the embed content window (shown below) will appear with the Ferguson's Career Guidance Center search box.
- Enter your keyword or phrase into the search box and click the search icon.
- The search results window offers several functions.
- Pagination - Use the pagination controls to skip to other pages of results.
- Preview - Use the preview link to view the record before deciding to embed it. Clicking on this link opens a new window.
- Embed - Use the embed button to insert the selected record into your course.
- Once you have chosen a record to embed, click on the Embed button.
- You will be returned to the editor and your content will appear as a gray box.
- Click the Save button at the bottom to publish this resource. The embedded record will then be visible.