Customers using Schoology, a PowerSchool Unified Classroom learning management system, can embed content from Ferguson's Career Guidance Center directly into their courses. For more information, please refer to the Ferguson's Career Guidance Center Schoology LTI App Overview article.
The new app provides rich integration between Ferguson's Career Guidance Center and your Schoology courses. Users of Schoology will now be able to embed Ferguson's Career Guidance Center resources directly inside their courses, without having to leave the LMS.
The Ferguson's Career Guidance Center app is available for all Schoology users and can be installed for:
- Course Materials Selection
- Rich Text Editor
- External Tool
Prerequisites for Installing the App
- You must have your own instance of Schoology.
- You must have an active Ferguson's Career Guidance Center subscription.
- Your LTI Access Key and Secret which can be obtained from Ferguson's Career Guidance Center support.
Installing the Schoology App
- Log in to your Schoology instance as an administrator with access to install and configure apps.
- Visit the App Center once logged in, or access it directly using this link: https://app.schoology.com/apps
- Locate the Ferguson's Career Guidance Center app and click on it to view the details.
- Click on the blue Install LTI App button to begin the installation process
- Next, you will be asked if this should be installed for your entire organization, or just you. If you would like all of your teachers to have access to the app, select Add to Organization.
- If you selected Add to Organization, you will be redirected to your Organization Apps section to complete the configuration.
- Before anyone can take advantage of the Ferguson's Career Guidance Center app, you must configure it by inserting your provided Key and Secret.
- Enter both values in the appropriate fields shown below and click the Save Settings button. No custom parameters are used.
- After you have configured the App, you will need to install it.
A Note from Schoology:
Configuring the App is not the same as installing it. School Admins have the option to configure the App only, giving their instructors the option to install it individually. To do this, do not check any boxes designating which course or school you want the app installed in after you've clicked the Install App button located in Schoology's App Center.
After you have successfully installed and configured the Ferguson's Career Guidance Center app, you will be able to access it and perform a search. Please consult the Ferguson's Career Guidance Center Schoology LTI App Overview article for more information.
If instead you receive an error message stating that your request cannot be validated, please contact our support department.